Nail art is a creative way to paint, decorate, enhance, and adorn the nails. It is a type of artwork that can be done on fingernails and toenails, generally after manicures or pedicures.
Nail art also portrays your own identity through fashion, using colors and shapes as a disruption of childhood and entrance into female teen/adult world.
Technique and Tips
Get comfortable with these basic tips and techniques of nail art and you’ll become a nail art professional in no time!
- Fine Lines – To create fine lines and striped designs, use a striping brush at least 8 mm long and as thin as possible. For straight lines, the longer and thinner, the better!
- Striping Tape – Use striping tape as a decoration or to create stenciled lines and designs. A pair of tweezers will really help to place the tape exactly where you need it.
- Color Blocking – Use Washi or Scotch tape to create a layered design. Experiment with shapes, angles, and color combinations to create a truly unique look.
- Rhinestones and Studs – Rhinestones and studs add a bit of flair to your otherwise plain manicure. Jazz up your nail art designs with these gems as a finishing touch.
- Gradient – Make a smooth transition between colors using a makeup sponge. Use a toothpick to mix the colors together on a piece of scrap paper first to “pre-blend” your gradient.
- Stamping – Try using a stamping kit to transfer elaborate designs to your nails from etched metal plates drop stamping polish onto the plates, scrape away the excess, and use the rubber stamper to transfer the art.
The practice of painting decorative designs on your fingernails and toenails, is a way of fun to brighten up your everyday look or accessorize a special occasion outfit. This type of art does not only decorate nails, but also corrects the shape. (Vertical pattern visually lengthens the nail, and French significantly shortens it). Skillfully performed design will make your nails unique and attractive.
Posted By Tejal